Moderator Control Panel ]

Login difficulties

As with any forum, there are rules. Please read them before you get a post pulled, not after
If you have not registered with us on this forum you will not be able to see any forum topics until you do register. You do not have to be a member of VMCC to join our forum however please provide your VMCC number when registering as this will give you access to members only sections!

Login difficulties

Postby Paul Atkins » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:00 am

Every time I "successfully" login I put a ✔️In the box To be loged in every time. Sometimes the next day I'm unable to enter the forum without my username/Password. Other times it can be a week or so and I'm straight in. ????? It's a real mystery to me. Perhaps someone can explain why this happens. Then again maybe not.
Paul Atkins

Competitor/Spectator/official/mechanic/sponsor: Official

Re: Login difficulties

Postby Sue Whittaker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 pm

I get exactly the same thing. Drives me mad.
Steve or Ian - can you have a look at it please.
X
Sue Whittaker
Senior

Competitor/Spectator/official/mechanic/sponsor: Competitor

Postby Steve Kowalski » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Hard to define, I've never had that problem, click on site and I'm straight in. Will need to log in if you clear browsing history or cache.
Steve Kowalski
Senior

Competitor/Spectator/official/mechanic/sponsor: Clerk of Course

Postby IanBotham » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Remembering usernames and passwords are all down to the details being stored in your browser history and password key chains, rather than the forum. Sorry can't offer more advice than that, but sometimes clearing history etc will work, but this comes with a cost of you losing all your remembered passwords and usernames. Other possible cause is, some browsers will think a site name with and without the www as separate sites needing separate login details.
IanBotham
Novice

Postby Paul Atkins » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:54 pm

I use many motorcycle and other websites and after completing the full registration criteria and stating to be logged on automatically have never had a problem. This BHR site is unfit for purpose as yet again I've asked to be logged on automatically and yet again it's forcing me to enter my username and password. Time and time again? Come on "Someone" who sets this website up get your act together. This is NOT ON. I notice I'm not the only one who has this extremely annoying problem. So then, just get it sorted "PLEASE" Paul Atkins
Paul Atkins

Postby Sue Whittaker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:40 am

Paul, it seems you and I are sharing some similar difficulties with logging on to the forum. I don't know what device you are using but I only have problems when trying to log on with my iPhone and iPad which suggests it's a problem with the fruit flavoured devices more than the forum itself.
I've set up an auto save password in the predictive text bar which, although isn't ideal, does prevent me having to type the whole thing out each time.
Try this and see if it works for you.
Sue
Sue Whittaker
Senior

Competitor/Spectator/official/mechanic/sponsor: Competitor

Return to PLEASE READ FIRST Forum Rules